Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: All you computer junkies...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    All you computer junkies...

    I'm looking to buy a laptop. Which is a better brand, HP or Dell? Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All you computer junkies...

    I don't know about HP. Had no problems with the 3 Dells I've owned.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  3. #3
    Inactive Member puck316's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All you computer junkies...

    Dell no questions asked.. you will get better support... yes i said it.. better support from Dell.. but HP's support is pathetic

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All you computer junkies...

    Ive got a Dell XPS and I love it.. I would go that way.. I've also heard good things about Apple I books.. but very little is compatable with it so I would go Dell

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All you computer junkies...

    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm looking to buy a laptop. Which is a better brand, HP or Dell? Any help would be appreciated.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    according to what you get. you will get what you pay for. if you get a cheap Dell you will have problems. if you get a cheap HP you will have problems.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All you computer junkies...

    I have 2 Dell's and my father-in-law is on his second no problems with any.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member wave10s's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2003
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All you computer junkies...

    I've had my iBookG4 for 3 years and I haven't had a single problem with it. The only thing is that most things aren't compatible with it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member The Dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2006
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All you computer junkies...

    I've bought 2 Dell Dimension desktops and an Inspiron laptop and the only problem I had was when I got some fluid in my Inspiron. Unfortunately my warranty had run out so I was SOL. My better half bought herself a Dell laptop and has had very minimal problems with it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_red_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All you computer junkies...

    I have a Dell XPS and the only problem I've had with it was when I was being an idiot and dropped it and my hard drive fried. It was covered under the warranty though and Dell support shipped me a new hard drive the next day.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All you computer junkies...

    We had more than one Dell laptop at my last job and within weeks we were ready to sledgehammer them and take a torch to the tech support offices. (And these were nowhere near being lower-end Dells either)
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •